Selected legal blogs from across the country
From Ms. JD: "Ms. JD’s online community provides a forum for dialogue and networking among women lawyers and law students. With campus chapters throughout the nation, Ms. JD is also home to the National Women Law Students’ Organization. Ms. JD celebrates women’s achievements, addresses remaining challenges, and facilitates continued progress by bringing legal practitioners and law students together to share in an ongoing conversation about gender issues in law school and the profession."WP_Error Object ( [errors] => Array ( [simplepie-error] => Array (  => A feed could not be found at http://ms-jd.org/blog/feed/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed. ) ) [error_data] => Array ( ) )
The Legal Whiteboard
"Trends, facts and ideas on law and legal education." Posts note scholarship related to legal education reform.
- Thank you for your readership
- What is more important for lawyers: where you go to law school or what you learned? (LWB Farewell Series)
- Understanding Trends in Demographics of Law Students (LWB Farewell Series)
Kelly Phillips Erb/Taxgirl
Kelly Phillips Erb, who has a JD along with an LLM in taxation, covers tax law.
- Tax Authority Will Look At Taxpayers' Social Media In Fight Against Tax Fraud
- IRS Reminds Taxpayers To Renew ITINs Before Tax Filing Season
- For Election Day, A History Of The Poll Tax In America
Lowering the Bar
Kevin Underhill, a partner in the San Francisco office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, teases out the humor in the daily headlines.
- Assorted Election Stupidity
- Good Reason to Kill #74: Guy Pissed You Off in Antarctica
- Canada to Legalize Witchcraft
Legal Writing Prof Blog
The blog covers legal writing, events, writing news, and more.
- Early Bird Rate for the AALS Annual Meeting in New Orleans
- Law in the Post-Truth Era: Legal Writing Professors Participate in Law Review Symposium at Washburn
- Save the Date: 2019 ALWD Conference in Boston
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff Lawyers write in-depth posts on patent law cases, trends, and events.
- Arista Networks, Inc. v. Cisco Systems, Inc. (Fed. Cir. 2018)
- USPTO Patent Quality Chat Webinar Series
- Webinar on Navigating the Chinese Patent System
This FindLaw blog covers covers legal technology news and developments.
- Hofstra's 'Courtroom of the Future'
- Harvard Opens Massive Caselaw Library Online
- Tech Trends and How to Budget for Them
Attorney at Work
Writers share tips and advice on tech, practice management, career strategy, and more.
- Are Your Personal Marketing Goals Scary Enough?
- Essential Tech Checklist to Increase Your Firm’s Productivity in 2019
- Are Google and Facebook Making It Harder to Advertise Your Law Firm?