Selected legal blogs from across the country
From Ms. JD: "Ms. JD’s online community provides a forum for dialogue and networking among women lawyers and law students. With campus chapters throughout the nation, Ms. JD is also home to the National Women Law Students’ Organization. Ms. JD celebrates women’s achievements, addresses remaining challenges, and facilitates continued progress by bringing legal practitioners and law students together to share in an ongoing conversation about gender issues in law school and the profession."WP_Error Object ( [errors] => Array ( [simplepie-error] => Array (  => A feed could not be found at http://ms-jd.org/blog/feed/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed. ) ) [error_data] => Array ( ) )
The Legal Whiteboard
"Trends, facts and ideas on law and legal education." Posts note scholarship related to legal education reform.
- Thank you for your readership
- What is more important for lawyers: where you go to law school or what you learned? (LWB Farewell Series)
- Understanding Trends in Demographics of Law Students (LWB Farewell Series)
Kelly Phillips Erb/Taxgirl
Kelly Phillips Erb, who has a JD along with an LLM in taxation, covers tax law.
- Don't Fall For Apparent New Twist On IRS Email & Phone Scams During Tax Season
- On Presidents Day, A Look At How Much Influence Presidents Have On Your Taxes
- The IRS Tool You Need To Know About If You Are E-Filing Your Tax Return
Lowering the Bar
Kevin Underhill, a partner in the San Francisco office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, teases out the humor in the daily headlines.
Legal Writing Prof Blog
The blog covers legal writing, events, writing news, and more.
- Arizona State University Adds Three Professors to Its Legal Writing Faculty
- News from Southern University Law Center in Baton Rouge
- Librarian of Congress Names New Chief Copyright Royalty Judge and Interim Copyright Royalty Judge
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff Lawyers write in-depth posts on patent law cases, trends, and events.
- Law Review Article Advocates Supreme Court's Patent Eligibility Law is Unconstitutional
- Supreme Court Hears Oral Argument in Return Mail v. U.S. Postal Service
- USPTO Extends One Pilot Program But Declines to Extend Another
This FindLaw blog covers covers legal technology news and developments.
- Major Advertisers Flee YouTube Over Pedophile Comments
- Why Small Firm, Solo, and Freelance Lawyers Need Blockchain
- Can You Delete DMs on Twitter?
Attorney at Work
Writers share tips and advice on tech, practice management, career strategy, and more.
- Lawyers’ Duty to Google: Not Changing Anytime Soon
- Survival Skill No. 1 for Lawyers: Emotional Resilience
- Staying Competitive: 7 Tips from 7 Legal Marketing Pros