Selected legal blogs from across the country
From Ms. JD: "Ms. JD’s online community provides a forum for dialogue and networking among women lawyers and law students. With campus chapters throughout the nation, Ms. JD is also home to the National Women Law Students’ Organization. Ms. JD celebrates women’s achievements, addresses remaining challenges, and facilitates continued progress by bringing legal practitioners and law students together to share in an ongoing conversation about gender issues in law school and the profession."WP_Error Object ( [errors] => Array ( [simplepie-error] => Array (  => A feed could not be found at http://ms-jd.org/blog/feed/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed. ) ) [error_data] => Array ( ) )
The Legal Whiteboard
"Trends, facts and ideas on law and legal education." Posts note scholarship related to legal education reform.
- Thank you for your readership
- What is more important for lawyers: where you go to law school or what you learned? (LWB Farewell Series)
- Understanding Trends in Demographics of Law Students (LWB Farewell Series)
Kelly Phillips Erb/Taxgirl
Kelly Phillips Erb, who has a JD along with an LLM in taxation, covers tax law.
- 12 Days Of Charitable Giving 2018: First Book
- IRS Releases New Not-Quite-Postcard-Sized Form 1040 For 2018, Plus New Schedules
- Some Taxpayers Will Have Extra Time To File In 2019
Lowering the Bar
Kevin Underhill, a partner in the San Francisco office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, teases out the humor in the daily headlines.
- Looks Like There’s No Ten-Code for “Officer on Hood of Moving Car”
- Court: No, It Wasn’t “Reasonable” to Lock Grandma Up With Male Inmates
- Wrong “Peter Brown” Brought in for Murder Sentencing Again
Legal Writing Prof Blog
The blog covers legal writing, events, writing news, and more.
- Global Legal Skills Scholarship and Book Award 2018
- Law and Legal Education in Australia
- Save the Date: 2019 ALWD Conference in Boston
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff Lawyers write in-depth posts on patent law cases, trends, and events.
- In re Tropp (Fed. Cir. 2018)
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp. v. Breckenridge Pharmaceutical Inc. (Fed. Cir. 2018)
- SAP America, Inc. v. InvestPic, LLC (N.D. Tex. 2018)
This FindLaw blog covers covers legal technology news and developments.
- Huawei CFO Out on Bail, Deal in the Works?
- Welcome to Future City -- One Giant Data Collection Center
- Should Lawyers Delete Google+ Profiles After the Latest Bug?
Attorney at Work
Writers share tips and advice on tech, practice management, career strategy, and more.
- Delegating to Independent Contractors
- 10 Maxims to Make Your Law Firm Marketing Better in 2019
- Legal Project Management Demystified