Selected legal blogs from across the country
From Ms. JD: "Ms. JD’s online community provides a forum for dialogue and networking among women lawyers and law students. With campus chapters throughout the nation, Ms. JD is also home to the National Women Law Students’ Organization. Ms. JD celebrates women’s achievements, addresses remaining challenges, and facilitates continued progress by bringing legal practitioners and law students together to share in an ongoing conversation about gender issues in law school and the profession."WP_Error Object ( [errors] => Array ( [simplepie-error] => Array (  => A feed could not be found at http://ms-jd.org/blog/feed/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed. ) ) [error_data] => Array ( ) )
The Legal Whiteboard
"Trends, facts and ideas on law and legal education." Posts note scholarship related to legal education reform.
- Thank you for your readership
- What is more important for lawyers: where you go to law school or what you learned? (LWB Farewell Series)
- Understanding Trends in Demographics of Law Students (LWB Farewell Series)
Kelly Phillips Erb/Taxgirl
Kelly Phillips Erb, who has a JD along with an LLM in taxation, covers tax law.
- After Pushback, IRS Will Hold Big Withholding Form Changes Until 2020 Tax Year
- As Florence Clean-Up Begins, IRS Warns Taxpayers To Be Alert For Scams
- Helping Out After Hurricane Florence: Where, What & How To Donate
Lowering the Bar
Kevin Underhill, a partner in the San Francisco office of Shook, Hardy & Bacon, teases out the humor in the daily headlines.
- Rejected Applicant Sues Law Schools for Violating Magna Carta
- UPDATE: Judge Rules Province Has No Duty to Recognize Bigfoot
- Author of “How to Murder Your Husband” Accused of Murdering Husband
Legal Writing Prof Blog
The blog covers legal writing, events, writing news, and more.
- ABA Legal Skills Conference
- Deciphering Legal Abbreviations: The Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations
- LWI One-Day Workshops
McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff Lawyers write in-depth posts on patent law cases, trends, and events.
- MBHB & Patent Docs Program on Biopharma Patent Law
- IPO Webinar on Biosimilars and Antitrust
- Patent Cooperation Treaty Seminar
This FindLaw blog covers covers legal technology news and developments.
- New Amazon Echo Products: Time to Update Your Office Gadgets?
- Music Modernization Act Passed by Unanimous Senate
- Journalist Gets Partial Win Against FCC in Net Neutrality Case
Attorney at Work
Writers share tips and advice on tech, practice management, career strategy, and more.
- Sponsors Are the New Mentors, Especially for Women
- Know More and Know It Faster Than Opposing Counsel with Westlaw Edge
- Seven Ways Lawyers Can Reduce Clients’ Stress